Friday, February 22, 2008

Texas scrap page

So yesterday I was sitting here looking at a picture of my "yahoo girls" and I in Texas for Dona's wedding. We found a scrap store, and when we got there, it was closed! (by 7 minutes) Ok, when you're a psycho scrapper, and you are in a different state, and you drive a half an hour to see a store that you are told is TOTALLY cool, and you get there and it's closed, you dont go home, do you? Hell no...
I swear, it was so funny! Have you SEEN the Mervyns commercial where the lady stands at the window and says "OPEN OPEN OPEN!" That was sooo us! We caused such a ruckus outside, that the owner finally came to the door and said "may I help you?" and we said "we came all the way from California and Illinois to see your store!"
So she was nice enough to let us in. She was a smart lady, cause she made over 400 bucks off of us! Anyways, we took a picture in the store with our bags, and so yesterday I wanted to make a layout with this particular picture. I texted my friends and asked them WHAT paper would go with the colors in the pic, and they all said basically the same exact thing. Red, black and white. DUH!
SO I couldn't think of any paper that would fit that, and I put the pic down, and went about my day.
Today, I got another wild hair up my behind, and while the babies were sleeping, I decided to clean up my scrap space. It was REALLY REALLY bad. I had several bags of "scrap stuff" that I had bought in the past month and not put away. SO I open up a bag, and OMG...staring back at me is the new Autumn Leaves page kit I bought at Walmart the other day. RED, Black, and cream! Not only is it the right colors, but the red paper is an EXACT match for the bags we are holding in the picture! I think I heard the heavens open up and angels singing "Hallelujah!" lol

Anyways....I was trying to make a long story short, and it became longer...I made the page...totally scraplifted the layout off the back of the Autumn Leaves page kit (hope that's ok!) and I love how it turned out! Now if you guys could JUST tell me how to take PICTURES of my layouts that are as good looking as the REAL thing, it would be greatly appreciated!!! Autumn Leaves, you ROCK!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that paper!! I think you should send all us yahoos a piece of it to match our photos also!

Corinna
www.myscrapbooklife.com

Anonymous said...

And just to clarify, the owner didn't say "May I help you?" ....
She said, "May I help y'all?"
We WERE in TEXAS after all.........

Corinna
www.myscrapbooklife.com

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, great story, and great follow-up from Corinna. That made me giggle. And hey, yeah, if you figure out how to photograph pages well, let me know. I think yours look fine, but I know what you mean -- when I try to photograph mine I think they look dreadful!

Klo said...

I"m so glad I got to go to this place with you....even though I was in a 'Flat' form...LOL

the page totally ROCKS....great job