Tuesday, January 20, 2009

52 questions mini art journals

Ok so my scrappy and pushy (hehe) friends told me I had to challenge myself to do the 52 questions art journal that Emily falconbridge has posted on her blog.

http://www.embers.typepad.com

I procrastinated and then forgot about it until my friend Corinna reminded us all today, and told us to check out the cool question of the week. Emily provides a question at the beginning of every week for a whole year, and you make a mini page about it, with the answer to your question any artsy fartsy way you please. I havn't done the first 2 questions yet, but just did #3, cause it jumped out at me.

Question # 1 was...
"what do i wish for this year to bring?"

question #2 was...
"Am I afraid of change?"

This weeks question was...
"do I believe in fairies?"

I read emily's question on her blog, saw her example, and my first thought was "I have fairy paper and fairy stickers!" so I told myself...if I go upstairs and find my fairy paper and stickers within 5 minutes, it's a sign that I have to do this (and believe me, i have 3 cabinets, and 9 SHELVES of patterned paper (scrapbook stores eat your hearts out!) so within 3 minutes (i kid you not) I found it! Must be a sign, right? So since the babies were sleeping, I got all my supplies together asap, and rushed downstairs and made a cutesy but quick mini page. I wont tell you what was my background for it, cause I kinda reused a card by a famous scrapper that i really love love love..but the size was right! eek!

So here is my week 3 answer to "do you believe in fairies?" If you click on the picture you can see it bigger and read my journalling. This one was fast and easy, and not so creative or artsy by any means...i'm thinking of getting messier and more creative with the first two! stay tuned! =)


6 comments:

cheri said...

Fabulous! We love fairies too!

Anonymous said...

oh! this is just beautiful!! ivy LOVES it too ;)

Rhonda said...

I stumbled upon your site and love it. I love all your scrap pages and your weight watcher insight. I just started tracking points again, myself. Anyways great blog. Keep up the awesome work.

Anonymous said...

This rocks jb!

Corinna
www.myscrapbooklife.com

snappy said...

Very Pretty

Anonymous said...

fab card can't wait to see what you come up with for the first two