Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Just another day in the life....

I havn't written much on here lately...partly cause I'm really busy, and partly cause I want to write things that are funny, or have some SUBSTANCE, so people don't get bored and want to come back and read again!

This past weekend I had the opportunity to spend quality time with my mother. She wanted to take a mini vacation for her birthday present, and since i'm the closest one to her in location, I wanted to be able to go with her. We got a hotel in Irvine close to the beach, and spent the whole weekend there basking in the sun at Aliso Viejo creek beach. It was so beautiful! I'll post some pics later tonight! We went out to dinner friday night with my friend Edie. Across the street from the hotel is a new Italian Restaurant named Z Mario. It was totally expensive, but soooooo freakin good! We all had a great time talking and laughing, and had our own little room to ourselves! The next morning we got comped buffet breakfasts (36 dollar value) at the hotel (you never know unless you ask, and I asked..and i received...hehe) It was really good, and we both ate healthy. We found our way to the Orange County swap meet and bought some useless junk....cause it's fun, that's why! Then we went shopping, and then had lunch at a greek cafe. Let me tell you...i was scared it was gonna be totally nasty! I was shocked to find that I LOVED it, and can't wait to find one close to home! I had chicken and steak shisk ke babs. It came with fresh pita bread, hummus, rice pilaf, and salad....TONS of food! We went to the beach after that and took pictures, and then that night we went to bristol farms and got sandwiches that we brought back to the hotel, and we ate them in bed in our jammies while watching a movie together. We woke up the next morning, had another free comped breakfast (same as the day before, cause it was good!) We went back to the same beach and read books on the sand for about an hour. We had to get home to collect the kids, so we took a pretty route along the ocean for a while, and then through Temecula. I'm so glad my mom had a great weekend. I lost a "mother figure" several years back when I was a teenager. Not having her in my life has been hard, and I think about her daily. I couldn't imagine losing my bio mom. She has become one of my best friends, and I hope she's here for a LONG LONG TIME!





On another subject, Jason had surgery last friday. I'm not gonna mention what this surgery was, cause I doubt he wants the world to know his issues, but the surgeon said it's one of the most painful surgeries he performs. He told Jason he'd be out of work for a while, so he's been out of work all week long. Jason went to a follow up appt today, and the doctor said he'd be out of work until the 18th!!! This means fully bedridden, no lifting, baths 3 times a day, etc etc etc. So, I'll be taking care of my kids, taking care of my husband, taking care of the kids i babysit for, Cooking, cleaning, taking kids to school, laundry and everything else. I'm not mad, I'm not bitter, I'm just tired...and I hope that I'm appreciated.

At the end of the month, I'm going to the scrapbooking expo in Ontario. I am REALLy looking forward to that! Next month, we are going on a cruise to mexico with friends and family and our two oldest kids, and then in December I get to go to my dear friend Dona's wedding in Texas! I am blessed to go on so many trips....I will be honest and not to humble when I say that I have earned them, I deserve them, and I will thoroughly ENJOY them =)

1 comment:

Sean said...

You need to put some photos of the kids and you and jason on your blog. Pictures are more fun that text!!! Hope all is good in California. We may be coming out in early November.