Sunday, April 27, 2008

Packing Tape Transfers

So because of the cool things I always find through my daily newsletters I get from Scrapscene.com, I came across how to make packing tape transfers. I must admit I tried this in the past with pictures, and didn't realize that you couldn't use "kodak" or other type pictures, but what works best are pictures/words that are printed out with toner based inks. I was sitting here reading Helen's blog (on my blogroll to the right) and saw how she was doing cool transfers with acrylic paints, and gel, etc, and I decided to try the packing tape transfer once again. I didn't have any pictures, but I had just gotten a new paper stack at Michaels by Me And My Big Ideas. It has a TON Of really cool black and white papers, so I thought I'd give it a try, thinking there's no way it would work! I tore a piece of paper out of the pack, put it face down on some packing tape, rubbed it on there real good so there were no "bubbles", and then filled the sink with water, and stuck the packing tape and paper in the water for 10 minutes. When the 10 minutes were up, I took the tape out, and began rubbing the backing of the paper off. I was so excited when I saw the deep clear lines of the black ink had stayed on the tape! No smearing, nothing missing, it was a perfect transfer! OMG I couldn't wait to take a picture of it! My first thought was....acrylic albums! These clear transfers are so crisp and perfect, you can put them on a clear album and it'll show perfectly through both sides..and the best part is that when it dries, it's still sticky!
Here is a pic of my first attempt...I have since put packing tape on several other pieces from that same stack, but I havn't peeled them yet...lol

No comments: