Thursday, July 17, 2008

sorry it's been so long!

I just got back from a "last minute" trip to our friends house for a babyshower in Northern California. It was a fast 36 hour turn around, and a lot of driving, but it was worth it to see Darby and her family again after so many years! Darby has been my sister Jen's friend since 5th grade, and is now having her first little baby girl! (will post a pic asap!)

We are leaving on our BIG family reunion vacation (2 years in the making) a week from today. The time went by so fast, I can't believe it's only a week away! I'm so stressed about packing and forgetting things, but at the same time sooo excited that I'll have 17 days without having to clean house or entertain people! haha

If anyone is reading this and has any SUGGESTIONS on what to pack and NOT forget (like the children..haha) or good ways to pack CLOTHES so that we dont have to bring 5 suitcases into each hotel at night, PLEASE leave me a comment and I'll love you forever! This is by far our longest vacation that we've ever taken, and probably the longest we'll ever take in our lifetimes! 9 days in a row is the longest we've been away from home on a trip..we're gonna double that, so this should be interesting! =)

I'll try to post from the road, cause Jason's bringing his laptop!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roll your clothes ~ it saves space & ironing... have fun!! I'll miss you!

Anonymous said...

Was shocked to see you! It meant the world to me having you guys here for my shower. You look seriously GREAT. I stayed up that night going thru the clothes you brought, so effin adorable. Email me when you post the pics lonelygirldarby@yahoo.com
Good luck with your family vacation! My advice, don't pack like me and Jen :-)
Love you,
Darby

Katie said...

When you're packing your suitcases, put your heavier clothes on the bottom (jeans, sweatshirts, etc) and then roll your underwear and lighter clothes on top. underwear makes great tuck ins. Tuck socks into shoes so that's not wasted space. Remember there are always laundromats and stores so don't overpack!